Our code of conduct is intended to be a central guide and reference for all the participating members. It is meant to clarify our mission, values and principles, linking them with our standards of professional conduct.
It is an open discussion of the way we operate and it provides visible guidelines for our behavior, reflecting the covenant that the International Franchise Consultants Network has made to uphold its most important values, dealing with such matters as its commitment to clients and its standards for conducting business.
Our code is also a tool to encourage discussions of ethics and to improve how members deal with the ethical dilemmas and gray areas that are encountered in the everyday life of a franchise.
As a network of specialized consultant that have been active for more than adecade, we consider the protection, enhancement and promotion of franchising worldwide one of our maingoals.
Accomplishment – Doing and finishing something successfully
Diversity – Embracing the diversity of individuals, ideas and perspectives to improve our unity
Excellence – Delivering high-quality content, programs and services that propel franchising forward
Integrity – Infusing high ethical standards into all efforts
Respect – Showing thoughtful consideration for all members, staff and others with whom we work
Trust – Faithfully fulfilling our responsibilities to clients
CODE OF ETHICS FOR IFCN FRANCHISE CONSULTANTS
- To always act in good faith and put the interests of his client above his own interest
- To act in utmost honesty and fairness and observe the highest standards of competence and integrity and in the event that the assignment or any request from the client involves a breach of this Code of Ethics, he must immediately cease to act for that client.
- To accept only those assignments for which he is competent to undertake and advise, and to make
every effort to deliver assignments expeditiously according to contract.
- To make full and frank disclosure to his clients or prospective clients any personal or financial interests or other material circumstances which may in any way influence his work for that client or the client’s decision, including but not limited to any directorship or direct /indirect personal or commercial interest in any business which competes with the client, any business or goods/services recommended to the client, any business which is linked to or supports or co-operates with the business recommended to the client, any actual or potential conflict of interest, and to promptly inform the client of any change in or the coming into existence of any such circumstances referred to above.
- To endeavor to collect and provide the client with all information, irrespective of whet her such information is good or bad, as regards the business of the client or the recommended business which are material to the client’s decision.
- To adopt an independent and objective attitude towards his clients so as to ensure that the advice given is impartial, fair and professional.
- To acknowledge and respect the confidentiality of all information received in the course of his job concerning the business or financial information of the client and not to disclose or permit disclosure of any such information without the client’s prior written consent.
- To never utilize or disclose information acquired during a previous assignment when performing or advising another client.
- To provide clients with a written proposal of the terms of reference, including a quotation of fees for each stage of the consulting and/or other ancillary services rendered and the schedule of payment of such fees.
- To promote each members’ country’s Franchise Association’s Code of Ethics among its clients, suppliers and alliances.